This short, interactive booklet is an essential tool for any youth preparing to serve at Mass or training for the role of altar server. Key terms, liturgical guidance, and practical tips are presented in a simple and friendly tone with questions, activities, and color images.
- a brief background and history of the ministry
- current Church requirements and regulations
- spiritual preparations and practical suggestions
- the basic process of serving Sunday Mass
- descriptions of the vestments, sacred vessels, and other key terms
- tips for special occasions and situations
- pictures and puzzles that reinforce key concepts
Servers continually change as older children move to other roles or serve the parish in other ways, and younger children require training. Guide for Altar Servers is a practical, complete, and cost-effective tool that introduces children to this important ministry.